Bounty

When we planted a garden back in May, I had high hopes for a summer of produce. But, wow, have my expectations been exceeded by leaps and bounds!

Before:
IMG_7021
After:
IMG_9180

On any given day, this is what you’ll find in the kitchen, despite numerous batches of tomato soup and zucchini breads/cakes/stir fries/pizzas:
IMG_9106 IMG_9107
And since I don’t go picking every day, we end up with these guys (nearly as wide as the sink):
IMG_9189
It’s a nice problem to have, but I will scale back the planting a bit next year. Allie is a great harvest helper, although the tomatoes do tend to be squeezed and tossed with gusto into the collection bag.
IMG_9262IMG_9263

In other news, after having my mom stay with us for a wonderfully long time, with visits from my dad and brother, Aaron, we are now cruising right along as a family of four (plus kitty).

IMG_9234IMG_9196

I’m generally pretty tired, but we’ve actually started to have some longer sleep stretches at night (two nights of 6 hours in a row made me want to throw a party!), so we have many blessings to count. This is one sweet, easy little boy!

IMG_9284

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1