Baby-Getting Eve

Wow, it’s so amazing that tomorrow is the day our son will be born! I had a doctor appointment this morning which revealed that, despite nightly contractions for a few weeks, this boy is still quite high (he hasn’t dropped down in my pelvis) and I have basically no dilation. So the doctor said she would be very surprised if I went into labor before the c-section that is scheduled for tomorrow, his due date.

When I first considered trying for a Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC), I felt uncertain. There are certainly pros and cons and risks for both forms of delivery. So my most consistent prayer was that God would bring our son in the best way and at the best time and, if possible, that he would make it clear what way that was. I was nervous of trying a VBAC, being in labor for hours and hours, and then ending up with a c-section anyway. So even though I am disappointed that I can’t try the VBAC and have that experience (and much shorter recovery!), I am grateful that God seems to have so  clearly given us an answer.

We head to the hospital at 8 a.m. for a c-section scheduled for 10:30. The scheduling nurse said the morning has a busy schedule, so not to be too surprised if things run a little late. She estimated that we might be up in our regular room (and thus in contact with the outside world) in the neighborhood of 2 p.m., so we may not be able to send official word of arrival until then.

We are very excited to meet our little boy tomorrow. I remember how surreal it felt to go in for Allison’s birth, and it really feels like that again. At least we have some idea of what to expect this time, but it does feel new all over again. I covet your prayers for a safe delivery, a good recovery with no infections or complications, and a special blessing on my attempt to nurse again, as that turned out to be the most stressful and painful part of Allison’s early life. We are thankful for whatever God has for us. He has blessed us so much.

More tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, after so much waiting, it's HERE! Today is the day you get to meet your little guy. Praying for a smooth c-section and for all to go well. Love you!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1