Christmas and New Year’s Retrospective
Although I meant to write about Christmas a lot sooner (um, maybe during the year it occurred), I just haven’t gotten around to it. So here’s the short and sweet version.
First of all, I really love Christmas. It really is “the most wonderful time of the year,” (with the possible exception of summer, which I am currently longing for as the snow and below-20-degree-weather continues with no end in sight). I’m excited for the day when Allie will really “get” the magic of Christmas, but until then, I’m just happy to share my obsessive love of non-stop Christmas music and the beauty of the Christmas tree with her. We tried a system of “you can look and touch but not remove” ornaments on the tree, which was partially successful.
Allie and I headed to my parents’ house two weeks early to make the most of our “tender Tennessee Christmas” and had a great time relaxing and soaking up some Nana and Grandpa and Uncle Aaron time. Seth joined us for the week leading up to Christmas. We were thrilled to have my Grandma Ruth, Aunt Kris, Uncle Doug, and cousins Kayla and Andrew join us from Virginia (on their way to IN and MI) for Christmas eve and Christmas morning. We talked, ate, played games, watched “The Nativity” movie, and had a great time.
And while I’m at it, I should recap our New Year’s eve, too. We had a great evening with our cousins Jen and Jesse and sweetie-pie Jayden. We had yummy take-out Thai food, watched the funny Despicable Me, and even managed to keep our eyes open until we toasted in the start of 2011 (yes, those are baby monitors in our hands). It was a great start to a good year.
OhMYGoodness- i checked your blog on a whim and was delighted at your update details- i cannot get enough of my family-at-a-slight-distance-- thank you for keeping me in the loop! LOVE all the pics- espec. the precious cousins(?!?) pic of Jayden & Allie, and the one where Allie looks as though she's about to give G'ma's hair a sound tugging, and of course you & Jen rockin' the baby monitors on New Years':-). Love you all!
ReplyDeleteToo cute, Allie seriously gets cuter with every month! I love her smile as she sits with her 2011 headdress on!! Wishing you a joy and laughter this year!
ReplyDeleteSuch fun pictures! I adore the one of Allie in the red dress in front of the tree! Fun times.
ReplyDeleteAllie's sweet personality is really starting to show more and more, isn't it? I absolutely adore her smile. She is beautiful. In a few months, you'll have two smiling faces looking back at you! Wow!
ReplyDelete