Allie-Gator: (Un)happy Halloween!

IMG_5226So, not all of us thought this costume was a great idea. When we were in Florida recently, my cousin Bel started the nickname “Allie Gator,” so when I stumbled across this costume, I thought it was perfect. Alas, the head/hood part is too big and I think that was the reason Allie initially started crying. But then she decided that, in general, she just wasn’t happy about being dressed up.

When I pulled the hood back a little, she calmed down a bit. And once the whole hood was off, she chilled out and didn’t mind wearing the costume for a few more minutes. Poor kid: the things I put her through for a cute picture.

altaltIMG_5247

IMG_5270

Last year, we had only lived in the house for about three weeks and I think we still had a strong “abandoned, possibly-haunted house” vibe going on.  We must be moving in the right direction because we had more trick-or-treaters this year. Seth handed out candy and Allie enjoyed seeing some dressed up kids at our door. One day we’ll introduce her to the concept of candy.

While they entertained neighbors, I was out in the backyard spreading a trailer-load of mulch on our newly created flower beds. Nothing sayings “Halloween” like spreading mulch! Just kidding; actually, weekends are my best opportunity to work on projects because Seth and Allie hang out for some daddy-daughter time. I recently planted a bunch of shrubs, plants, and bulbs (purchased on serious clearance), so I wanted to give them a nice coat of mulch for the cold winter ahead.

IMG_5306We had a great weekend overall because my Aunt Mary and Uncle Harvey were in town from Cincinnati to attend a wedding and stayed with us. On Saturday, we had a great afternoon with them and cousins Jen and Jesse and their adorable 3-month-old Jayden. Allie totally enjoyed seeing the baby and holding his hand. Cute stuff!

alt

Comments

  1. Aww, sad girl! She looks cute even with teary eyes though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like her cutie little white tights.

    i like the rearranged living room - i really want to come see all the updates! sometime i will!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1