Baby Crazy
I’m pretty sure we’ve got an extrovert on our hands. She’ll act shy for a few minutes when meeting someone (she coyly turns into my shoulder, all while shyly smiling at the person), but within a few minutes, she’s passing out smiles to anyone around. When we go to the grocery store, she makes a LOT of friends. I’m told all the time what a smiley baby I have.
Lately, Allie has gotten very excited about other babies. And while that does include real, live babies and (especially) older kids, she is most excited about babies pictured on diaper boxes. That’s right. For whatever reason, photos of babies on diaper boxes send her over the top. She screeches, waves to them, and squeals in delight as she scoots across the floor to get to them and lovingly poke their eyes.
These pictures show her in action, approaching a box of Huggies.
But her most favorite diaper baby is the little Asian boy pictured on Target’s Up & Up Size 3 diapers. She can’t get enough of that kid! I don’t have a picture of him in particular to post here (and she’s asleep, so I’m not going to sneak in her room and try to get a shot) so here’s a different Target diaper baby. In case anyone wonders, Target’s Up & Up diapers are absolutely our favorite. They work just as well as Huggies while costing about 5 cents less per diaper. Nice! Added bonus: my kid is in love with the babies on the box.
In other news (what? something besides baby news?), we’ve been tackling a lot of projects around the house. We’ve had lots of estimates done for work we hope to get to and we’ve also gotten several things underway. A big project has been our lawn. The front yard was full of weeds and miscellaneous non-grass groundcover, and the back had a bunch of asphalt (left over from a barn that used to be there and its homemade driveway) with weeds growing over it. We recently had the asphalt removed, new dirt hauled in and evened out, and grass seed sewn. We’ve been so grateful for cooler and rainy weather lately. I’m sure other folks are frowning about it, but we’ve really appreciated not having to water the seed at all this week. Just today, we are seeing the first beautiful green sprouts. How very exciting!
I get just as excited about home projects completed. I think it's just a different season of life, and we can be proud to share our excitement about drying paint and newly growing grass!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute baby crazy story!! I can't wait for our little girls to meet and try to poke each other's eyes out!! big hugs to you all!
ReplyDeleteWhat a smile! She's such a little charmer. That is going to be one fantastic yard for Allie to play in someday. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love this...but I have to ask -- is there such a thing as "lovingly" poking another baby's eyes? ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks great!! Allie is going to love playing in that yard someday. We miss seeing you guys every week. I hope your summer is going well!
ReplyDeletethis is really funny.
ReplyDelete