Seven Months Old
I guess I’m starting to believe what everyone says about how it all goes so fast. When I heard that in the first month or two, I thought, “Are you kidding me?!” because each day felt like a week. But it’s definitely going faster now.
Our latest challenge is to teach our big girl how to fall asleep without being swaddled. Swaddling Allie has worked like a charm, but she’s absolutely dependent on it. The occupational therapist thinks it would be best for Allie to have her arms unswaddled because she doesn’t like to raise her arms higher than 90 degrees. I did a little research online about how to stop swaddling; most people say, “Just start by unswaddling one arm. Or both.” What? When she has any control over her arms, nap time is replaced by fidgety, fussy, screechy, kicky, over-tired time. So the latest thing is that I put her arms inside a zipped-up sleep sack; she can move them around some but they’re restrained enough that she can eventually fall asleep. We’ll try this for a few more days of naps (still swaddling at night) until we can (hopefully) get her to nap unswaddled. Fingers crossed!
What a cutie pie! Sorry I don't have any tips for this :(
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the unswaddling!
Kitter is such a good babysitter! :-)
ReplyDeletesweetie baby girl! i love her!!
ReplyDeleteShe has changed more this month than all of the others! In the first picture, she totally looks like someone who I would not want to mess with! But still super-cute and super-sweet!
ReplyDeleteShe is SO adorable! And so happy! We're working on the unswaddling, too. Good luck! Hope to see you next week!
ReplyDelete(for Seth primarily) so...during the first week, a day was like a week? Do you have the rest of that charted out? Something like this maybe?:
ReplyDeleteNavin R. Johnson: I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.