We’re In!
Hello from our new living room in our new house in our new city. We have, with the tireless help of my parents and some friends, moved. It was quite a weekend, but we are in and feeling pretty cozy as the rain and wind are whipping around the house tonight. We are still a bit stunned at just how much stuff we’ve acquired since we moved from Seattle to Wheaton two years ago this month. There are boxes and bags everywhere in a state of semi-unpacked chaos. But we are in, and for that I am so grateful.
I think this is the first time in my life that I’ve moved and felt like I have so little time to get settled. This is largely because my continuing nursing struggles are still taking up so much of my time. I have a lactation consultation tomorrow and I’m hoping that maybe something will take a turn for the better. If it doesn’t, I’m on the verge of having to make some difficult decisions.
In the midst of all the chaos, I had a special request that my wonderful husband helped me to fulfill tonight. I took a bath in my lovely, big, deep bathtub on feet. I have had it as a life goal to one day own such a tub, and that day is here! My kitty lounged on the rug by the tub, Seth spent some quality time with our fussypants daughter, and I soaked in hot, hot water and felt very blessed.
love it!!
ReplyDeletewelcome and congrats! we are continuing to pray for you. I'm reading all about bf struggles at school actually as part of a semester project, but you're the one living them. You will make the best decision and you are trying really hard, I can tell. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! You deserve that tub on feet, girl. Hope this home is full of wonderful memories for you and your family.
ReplyDeletethere are three things in this picture that i love. 1-the tub, duh. 2-the chair rail. 3- the tile. i love, love, love hexagonal tile.
ReplyDelete