Smiley September
As evidenced by our previously-posted video and these cutie-pie pictures, you can see that our big girl has been treating us to smiles. The first came at 4 weeks, so we’ve had 3 weeks of this cuteness. Very fun. She’s also giving us another treat which is good sleeping at night. She typically sleeps between 4 and 7 hours in one stretch, then I feed her, and then she sleeps for another 2-4 hours. So I should be feeling more rested, shouldn’t I? And yet I still spend most of the day trying to figure out how to get more naps in.
Nursing is going a lot better than it was several weeks ago, but I still find it to be a bigger challenge than it seems to be for the average mom. But time keeps passing and giving me hope that things will get easier (or at least more familiar).
We have been incredibly busy with our new house. There is still a lot to be done before it’s move-in ready, so we’re trying to attack that list. Seth has been incredibly wonderful at keeping on top of things, researching, calling and meeting with people, getting bids, etc. So far we’ve had a plumber, a person from the gas company, and a squirrel catcher (!) help to make things right. Then my parents showed up this past week to spearhead Project Week ‘09 which has included (so far) chain sawing down some small trees and shrubs, weed eating, pruning, changing the locks, and more. Still up this week: the new refrigerator arrives tomorrow, some cleaning companies are coming to give estimates on a serious clean up, and the tree removal company will come to chop down three big, mostly-dead trees to help clear way for the new garage to be built.
Of course, I find out about most of this secondhand because I’m mostly at home with Allison. We went over to the house the other day and it was a bit ridiculous (feeding her, getting her ready, loading up the car with all kinds of gear, driving over, walking around for just a few minutes before it was time to feed again, feeding in the parked car, then driving home again). I’m not a lot of help right now and it’s not a very baby-friendly house yet, so we’re mostly hanging out at here at the townhouse.
Busy times around here! We are still aiming to move in by the end of September, but we’ll just have to see how it goes.
i love the picture of allie participating in email/facebook time. dontcha love laptops? and snuggly/sling thingies?
ReplyDeletei wish i could come over and help with projects. or really, with baby snuggling. :)
I love, love, LOVE this picture. Reminds me of snuggling with Abbey Grace! She is still a snuggle bunny at almost 7!
ReplyDeleteHer smiles are just too cute! I love the ones that are just a teensy lopsided. :-) I'm so impressed with all your house projects...wow.
ReplyDelete