
I keep meaning to write a great update with lots of details and stories, but then I remember it's time to pump some milk and try to sleep for more than five minutes a day/night. But here is at least a brief update with a few more pictures.
We are really enjoying our little sweetheart. It's so strange to keep looking at this new little person who we barely know yet and to realize we have a lifetime ahead of knowing her.

A few observations so far: she takes after her mommy when it comes to being cold--she hates it! Diaper changes and chilly wet wipes are pretty low on her list of favorite things. I realize we're still in the hospital and that many babies don't start "being themselves" until you get home and get into real life, but so far she's just a sweet, content little thing. She loves to suck, which is great in one sense because it seems to mean that we have a good forecast for breastfeeding, but it's also not great because her enthusiasm and our mutual newness at latching on have led to some serious pain. Although she's now great at latching on, the damage was done and several excruciating feedings later, a lactation consultant finally switched me

to a breast pump for awhile to give me a break from the extreme pain. I'm still quite sore, but doing a lot better than last night!
Today I'm also much more aware of my tender incision site. I'm trying to go on (super slow) walks around the halls to get my body healing, and Seth and my mom have been helping me a lot with the difficult business of getting in and out of bed and reaching for pillows. But I think it's going to be awhile before I feel normal again.

We'll be here in the hospital until Friday morning. Seth stays with me at night (the couch turns into a bed) while my mom heads back to our apartment to sleep (and keep Kitter company -- poor cat just has no idea that her whole world has changed forever).
It really feels like we're just at the beginning of the adventure of getting to know this sweet little person, and I'm really so grateful to God for this privilege.
Oh, keep these pictures coming! I love the one of her sleeping on Seth's shoulder--that's true contentment in her little face! Hope you start feeling better soon.
ReplyDeletei'm praying for continued relief from the soreness all around! thanks for posting more great photos of that sweet cutie!
ReplyDelete