Post-Version
I'm actually still in the hospital bed (ahh, technology! Laptops and wifi) waiting for room service to bring me my first food in sixteen hours. I had the version an hour or two ago, which was a very short but intense amount of pressure and pain. Alas, little girl was uninclined to budge and stayed firmly put. So we will be scheduling a c-section for July 18th or 20th, depending on scheduling with the hospital. There is still a slight chance she could flip on her before then, but she sure seems rooted in place. If someone pushed on me that hard, I'd go wherever they told me to! (And they DID push on me that hard, by the way.) I have a feeling I'm going to be very sore and perhaps a bit bruised. But I'm glad that I gave it a shot.
Once again we're in a position of trusting God's ways and timing. Meanwhile, we made an offer on the house we want (which is now in foreclosure) so we are praying for the timing and methods on that big life change, too.
Thanks to all for prayers.
sorry, Sarah (and baby!) - have you already tried talking to a midwife about other ways as well to try and get her to turn? Thanks for the update, hopefully you aren't too sore! We're praying for all 3 of you guys:)
ReplyDeleteBUMMER! We'll pray that she decides to start her life obeying her parents, and move already. I have heard crazy successful things about that whole incense burning on the toe thing...in case you wanted one more person giving you advice. Especially a person who hasn't had a baby. We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteShoot for the 20th; it's the best birthday! Our doctor in London said that he'd have delivered Aidan breech had he been there, so you can always discreetly fly to London if you want to deliver naturally and turning doesn't happen :)
ReplyDeleteThis is Deja Vu for me!
ReplyDeleteyeah, the 20th is the best birthday! :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there, and know that God is taking care of that baby and you. Praying for you!
ReplyDelete