Motherhood Eve
It's very, very strange to know that it's your last day as a non-mother and that as of tomorrow, there will be a little person in the world who calls me "mom." The word I come back to over and over again is "surreal."
My c-section is scheduled for 2:20 p.m. but I need to be at the hospital at 11:00. There is a chance that the c-section could happen earlier in the day, but most likely our girl will show up in the 2:00 hour. I'm so happy to have had a nice, quiet weekend with my parents here (they drove up from Tennessee on Friday) and Seth at home. Again, it's a perk of the c-section that you get to know when birth will happen rather than having to wait for labor and then try to figure out if it's real or false and then try to tell your parents in enough time that they can arrange a last-minute flight or drive. So while the abdomen slicing is pretty inconvenient, the timing is all pretty nice. Thanks, baby girl!
I hope I'll be able to get some rest tonight. I haven't been sleeping well for several weeks. A combination of a small bladder, a huge and uncomfortable belly, and extra light sleep mean that I wake up every hour or two through the night and then can't seem to sleep anymore after about six total hours. I've been getting in some naps, but in general I'm really tired. I realize that I'm just on the brink of really understanding what it means to be "really tired" but in any case, I'm still hoping for a reasonably restful night of sleep. I've started to have some nervous dreams about being late for the surgery and things like that.
Although we've signed papers for the house, it isn't officially listed as "contract pending/sold" on MLS, so it's still being shown to other prospective buyers which makes us nervous. We hope and pray that no one tries to counter offer -- again, we just have to fall back on trusting that if this is God's will, it will all work out. But, oh, we want that house. We went and looked at it over the weekend and were astounded to see the old barn and entire back yard cleared out. Our realtor walked us through the house again and it was so easy for me to picture our little family living there. I hope and pray that's really where we are headed!
Well, we will try to post news and pictures when we have the chance. Meanwhile, thanks for your prayers and encouragement!
Love,
Sarah on the eve of quite a life change
p.s. Kitter has no idea what's coming. Just none. She has been lounging in the bassinet, so you see we are headed for trouble.
Today is the day!!! Praying for you and your baby girl...for a safe arrival and for God's grace over all the surprises ahead. Love you all!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see pictures of that lovely girl! but you rest your little family.
ReplyDelete