Mother's Day

Although neither of us can be with our moms today, we are so thankful to have been raised by loving, supportive, wonderful women. Seth and I both feel like we've been very blessed by God to have had such great moms who are now some of our best friends. If you happen to have the pleasure of knowing Alice or Jan, you know what we're talking about. I hope that I can be the kind of mom who makes her daughter feel as unconditionally loved and supported all the time as I have. It's strange to think that I'll actually be a mom next year. Even though I'm firmly in the mom-to-be category (with this big ol belly sticking out), I do not consider myself a mom by any means yet. I have no idea what it will be like ... well, okay, I have some idea because I do have a cat and everyone knows that having a cat is pretty much identical to raising a human child. In any case, I'm thankful to God for the blessing of such a great mom (and a great mother-in-law), and I pray that He'll give me the wisdom, love, and strength I need to be a great mom to my daughter.

Comments

  1. you're already doing a great job taking care of and mothering that little girl in a warm, safe place. and i'm sure you'll continue to do a great job when she arrives! which i'm SO excited about, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll be a GREAT Mom Sarah! And you're right...having a cat is exactly the same as having a human child. I've never had a cat, but I think I'm qualified to say they are the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to Mom N. and Mom B.! And Sarah, you'll be a wonderful mom. You're good at growing things, like vegetable gardens and kittens, and you have what it takes to grow a human well too. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got all choked up reading your blog. I remember the anticipation of waiting to meet Cody and Claire. And despite all the imagining I did beforehand, nothing prepared me for the first time I set eyes on each of them. But what I really wasn't prepared for, is how much more I love them each day. Sometimes I go to bed at night thinking about how much my heart aches because I love them so much. Being pregnant is a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1