It's Already April?

Well, I never quite got around to writing about our trip to Seattle a few weeks ago. We had a great time, although we packed a lot into a relatively short amount of time. We got to spend some quality time with Seth's parents, sister & family, and some extended family who threw us a very fun early baby shower. We were able to spend not-quite-enough time with my brother and several friends, but it all went very quickly and didn't allow enough time to see everyone or spend as much time with folks as we wanted to. I guess that's how it always is when you go back to visit a place that was once home. It was a strange mix of feeling like we'd never left and also feeling like it was no longer "home." Seth said (and I think this summed it up well), "We're still somewhere between leaving Seattle and really living in Chicago." While it was great to be back, especially with people we love, it also felt like a confirmation that the move was definitely a door that God opened for us. So now we're back "home" here in Chicagoland, where the spring weather is starting to push away winter. We still haven't heard much when it comes to our "dream house." It sounds like the process is moving very slowly and sometimes we feel very discouraged at the prospect of this actually working out. But we continue to pray and trust God to either give us the house or close the door on it. We continue to half-heartedly look at other houses on the market, but nothing makes us want to give up hope on "our" house. I continue to get bigger every day ... and I'm afraid it's not just limited to my belly. But I'm finally starting to look pregnant (at least I hope it doesn't just look like a huge gut) and to feel our little girl move around in there. We're still struggling to choose a name, so I guess it's a good thing that we have a few more months!

Comments

  1. Somewhere between Seattle and Chicago...does that put you in Kansas? =-) And for the record, you look like a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you look absolutely adorable! I know God has just the right name for your little girl. I love reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1