Winter Wonderland

It is snowing and snowing and snowing outside! Earlier today it was raining on the 2-ish inches that have been on the ground since Thanksgiving. But this evening the rain turned to snow and has been rapidly falling and sticking and turning everything white and beautiful. The roads were pretty bad when I drove to the train station to pick up Seth, but I passed five different snow plows on the way, so that seems like a good sign. We bought a Christmas tree on Saturday. We go to Home Depot, so not exactly a tree farm in the country, but it was cold and snowy and I, personally, was really glad that I could go warm up in the store while my great husband tied the tree to the top of the car. I've decided that the outdoor temperature is directly tied to how picky I am about a tree. The warmer, the pickier. It was really, really cold and reasonably windy, so we picked out this tree pretty fast. It's a balsam fir that turned out to be very pretty and fragrant. Our cat always circles the tree a bit, smelling, rubbing against it, etc. When I put down the tree skirt, she immediately began her annual tradition of naps beneath the tree. We think it reminds her of the good old days when she was still allowed outdoors. We've started getting Christmas cards (which I love!), and I realized that some of you may not have our address. It is: 399 Mendelssohn Ct. Wheaton, IL 60189 So, yes, that's a shameless plug for cards. Our Christmas card might turn into a New Year's letter ... we'll see how it goes. Hope you're all staying warm tonight and enjoying the holiday season!

Comments

  1. our cat loves to take naps under the tree. he envisions himself as a present. way better than our dog who used to tackle the tree once we got it set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tree looks great! you guys are super chicago-ites now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, pretty tree! Nice work. =-)
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1