Prayer Request
For anyone who reads this before tomorrow morning (Wednesday, June 11th), we'd appreciate your prayers as Seth goes to a job interview at 9:15 CST. This company has expressed interest in hiring him and we are very excited about the possibilities. We are praying for God to open this door, to provide us with the right salary, the right benefits, the right details--whatever that means. We trust that He knows what we need better than we do, and so we're asking for wisdom on our part to follow His lead. It would be REALLY exciting if this works out because it would help many things seem more "settled" for us (we could explore the idea of buying a home, I could [hopefully!] get health insurance, Seth wouldn't have to worry about what comes next after his current contract project is over).
Other pieces of news:
* I am LOVING the hot, sunny, summer weather. Right now, parts of Washington state are experiencing SNOW (!) while I am just plumb glad to be sporting a sunburn on my shoulders and having to turn on the air conditioning so that the cat will stop meowing (apparently, being raised in Seattle and being covered in fur has given her a very limited heat tolerance).
* Welcome to the world, Abrielle Hope Wahl! We are very happy for your safe arrival, and we pray that you'll really enjoy your sweet little life.
* Our good friend Sean took his CFA level 3 exam on Saturday after six months of brutally-dedicated studying. We are so happy it's over so that we can see him more often, and we hope he passes with flying colors (he'll find out in August).
* I'm in a pit of despair about my porch gardening situation. I planted three zucchini sprouts in a desperate attempt to grow my own zucchini (kind of a life goal of mine). The ungrateful birds that we (stupidly) lured to our porch with a bird feeder have thanked me by completely eating my zucchini plants ... roots and all! They have even been pecking at my strawberries and herbs. Seth has elaborate plans for putting up a netting to "screen" in the porch (with openings large enough to let bees in to pollinate the zucchini but small enough to keep out the birds). That would also allow Kitter to go out on the porch ... her heart's desire AND a good deterrent to those dumb birds. At least my purple petunias are pretty.
* I've been experiencing low back pain for about two months and I am finally receiving some relief due to treatments from a local chiropractor. Of course we're paying for it out of pocket, but the relief is worth it. This experience of low-level but constant aching has made me more aware of how important a person's health is. I am very grateful for all the ways I am healthy and whole.
* I'm heading to Nashville! My brother is going to be in town from Seattle and I'm going to join him for some quality time with Mom and Dad. Seth wishes he could come, but he's going to be responsible and stay to work and take care of Kitter. He will be missed!
* Below is my anticlimactic debut as an audience member on the Oprah show. The orange arrow is pointing at my head.
we're praying for you guys and look forward to hear how the interview went!
ReplyDeletejust checking on the lower back pain - but it isn't kidneys or anything like that, right?
thanks for the concern, chengs! no, it's definitely my spine/muscles and it's getting much, much better!
ReplyDelete