We Love Our Moms!
We weren't able to be with either of our moms yesterday on Mother's Day, but we were thinking about them and missing them. Seth and I were both blessed with very good mothers. We both had happy childhoods with moms who were creative, funny, loving, and very involved. That means we both got a double blessing when we got married: now we each have two moms that we love and enjoy being friends with. We thank God for such good mothers, and we love you very much Mom Alice and Mom Jan!!
I have some great news: my Oprah episode, which I feared was lost to the cutting room floor, is going to air this Thursday, May 15th. After the episode airs, I'll be sure to report on whether or not there are any shots of me and/or my friend Kristen. And then I'll stop talking about it. :)
Next weekend we are going to visit Seth's Great Aunt Audrey and some of her family who live in Dixon and Polo, Illinois. We are looking forward to seeing Western Illinois, but most of all, spending some quality time with family. It will be my first time to meet them and the first time that Seth has seem them in years.
Work continues to keep Seth busy, and I'm still taking occasional freelance projects. We are enjoying the intermittent spring weather and longer hours of sunshine. We just bought a gas grill, so we're excited that now the good dinner smells are radiating from our porch, not just our neighbors'. We're ready for summer!
i'm so glad to hear that the oprah show will air! yesterday cody and i watched oprah because she had amazing kids on the show and i thought he might enjoy it. he did.
ReplyDelete