Oprah!

So, on the verge of my six month anniversary of being here, I'm going on the Oprah Winfrey show! As an audience member, of course, on a show about the new movie from Tiny Fey and Amy Poehler of Saturday Night Live. The movie is Mama Baby and looks like it could be a bomb, but they are showing it to us for free (and giving us popcorn and soda!) and then the next day we'll be on the show! The taping is Wednesday and I am not sure when the show will air, but it could be Thursday or Friday of this week. So watch your schedule to see if you see me! I get to take a guest and it's still up in the air who will join me. Seth is first in line. He's kind of a closet Oprah watcher. I'll let you know! UPDATE: Seth can't take that day off work, so my friend Kristen is going to the show with me. She is staying with us this week since she's in town from Michigan (on her spring break as teacher). We are VERY excited! Several people have asked how I got tickets since this show is so notoriously hard to get onto. Well, there is an excellent little loophole for those of us who live in the Chicago area. There is a part of the Oprah website where you can sign up for last minute tickets. So they call you and say, "Can you be on the show in three days?" And you excitedly say yes. But you can only do that once a year.

Comments

  1. WHAT!! I am SOOOOO jealous!! I lived in chi-town for years and never was able to get tickets. How did you do it? i took my dallas friends up to chicago a year ago and we all were calling for an entire day and never got through to anyone. i'm in awe of you! i'll definitely watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got a fun episode! You know, instead of one about people hurting animals or something. I always feel bad for those audience members, because they're really excited to be on the show, but they have to look sad or horrified the whole time. We'll Tivo you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun fun fun! when you find out when it'll air... let us know!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1