March updates
It's been awhile since I blogged. Much to update. On Leap Day evening, we did our first official baby sitting for baby Linda Lucille. There were highs and lows (especially near the middle when she realized we were NOT her parents), but it was a lot of fun. It was especially fun for me to see these two cuties bonding.
I just returned from a whirlwind trip to celebrate my Grandma Ruth's 80th birthday in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Family from all over the country showed up to pull off what Grandma called "the biggest surprise of my whole life." It was a lot of fun, especially to hang out with cousins. Sadly, Seth couldn't come because he needed to work ... and he needed to take care of Kitter.

A great, exciting, wonderful treat is that my wonderful friends Tiffanie and Blake drove two hours over to see me for a few hours in Harrisonburg. I was so happy to see them, catch up a little, and get some hugs. I was super tired from a low-sleep weekend, but excited nonetheless. What great friends who drop everything and drive long distances to see me! Love em.
I got to spend a few short days with my parents, which was (as always) wonderful. I love being home, and I love that they live so much closer. Right now, we're on a schedule where we see each other almost every month. Fantastic! I also got to have a much-overdue coffee date with my friend Amy B. Another highlight.
It was a great trip, but it's also nice to be home. I really loved the spring weather I experienced, but we woke up for a fresh snow here today. It's beautiful, but I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the blooming flowers that were gracing Virginia and Tennessee.
We're still waiting for more info about that full-time job that was mentioned to Seth. I will let you know when we know anything. Prayers still much appreciated!
I just returned from a whirlwind trip to celebrate my Grandma Ruth's 80th birthday in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Family from all over the country showed up to pull off what Grandma called "the biggest surprise of my whole life." It was a lot of fun, especially to hang out with cousins. Sadly, Seth couldn't come because he needed to work ... and he needed to take care of Kitter.
A great, exciting, wonderful treat is that my wonderful friends Tiffanie and Blake drove two hours over to see me for a few hours in Harrisonburg. I was so happy to see them, catch up a little, and get some hugs. I was super tired from a low-sleep weekend, but excited nonetheless. What great friends who drop everything and drive long distances to see me! Love em.
I got to spend a few short days with my parents, which was (as always) wonderful. I love being home, and I love that they live so much closer. Right now, we're on a schedule where we see each other almost every month. Fantastic! I also got to have a much-overdue coffee date with my friend Amy B. Another highlight.
It was a great trip, but it's also nice to be home. I really loved the spring weather I experienced, but we woke up for a fresh snow here today. It's beautiful, but I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the blooming flowers that were gracing Virginia and Tennessee.
We're still waiting for more info about that full-time job that was mentioned to Seth. I will let you know when we know anything. Prayers still much appreciated!
Whoa! For a second I thought you and seth snuck in the birth of a baby! I love your blog (even though this would be my first time commenting on it!!)
ReplyDeleteLove Erica Klock
yay! you are TOTALLY worth dropping everything to go visit! we were THRILLED to come see you and so happy that you could spare a few hours with your family to hang out with us! makes us want to drop everything and move to chicago!!
ReplyDelete