Thirty: So Far, So Good

Well, guys, I have successfully entered the next decade of my life. It's been almost two weeks, and so far it's great. My parents came up for my birthday weekend and we had a lot of fun. One of the fun (if unexpected) activities was taking in some of the (astounding, expensive) sites at the Chicago Auto Show. I remember going to the Detroit Auto Show once when I was a kid and thinking it was cool to see the concept cars. They are SUPER high-tech and snazzy now. I'll show you a few of my favorites. This weekend, I continued the celebration with friends and cousins. I love having people over and I also love cooking and baking, so I invited everyone over for dinner, desserts, and games. I also roped them into something I've been wanting to do for a long time ... laser tag. It was super fun, and I am a pretty good tagger if I do say so myself. I mean, I came in 8th out of 29 and some of the ten-year-olds I played against have a LOT more video-game-gun-shooting experience than I do. The last video game I played on a regular basis was Super Mario Bros. The original. The last gun-shooting game I played was Duck Hunt. Also original.
Checking our score cards after each game. Ice cream cake & brownie trifle ... delish! It was a great birthday and I feel (once again) so blessed to have so many good friends and family members. Thanks to all of you who made me feel loved! In other news, it is 8 degrees and windy outside. Boo. Some good news is that it sounds like Seth's work project is extended through April. Great! Too bad it still means commuting an hour each way most days of the week. But we're happy for the income and for a job that he is generally enjoying.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Sarah! The 30s, so far for me, has been a good decade. Well, I understand myself so much better at least. :)

    Thanks for the continual updates. It looks cooooold there... I hope Seth finds a permanent job that he likes.

    Seeing as Asians can't get desserts right (at least in my humble opinion), your desserts look very tantalizing. If only one could use the internet for taste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, through april!? great!

    wish we could have come to the birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy belated 3-0 to you, Mrs. Broweleit!!! Welcome to the happy club!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1