Brrrr!

This morning, I dropped Seth off at the Wheaton train station (more on that in a sec), and it was 12 degrees at 8 a.m. That is pretty cold where I come from (which is Seattle for the last 5 years and Nashville for 11-ish years before that). Well. Tomorrow will be an even better introduction to life in Chicago. Tomorrow's high is 9and the low is 2, but the windchill might reach -25 degrees. Umm, yeah. Good day to stay indoors. And wear lots of layers. So, back to the reason Seth was at the train station. He has a temporary web development job that may last up to a month. It started yesterday and so far he feels good about it. He will go downtown for the first two weeks, but then he can work from home on a laptop they'll loan him. Since we still only have one car, I'm going to drop him off/pick him up from the train station. It's great that he can take the Metra downtown. While he's still looking for a full-time job, we're glad for this project. I'm in the process of scratching up some freelance projects for myself. I don't know if I've said enough that we are really enjoying this season, even without an income and employment. We are blessed in so many ways--one of which is that we get to spend a lot of time together. That is something that can be quite rare for many married couples today, and I'm very grateful for the blessing. Seth is a good, good buddy for spending time with. Kitter concurs; Seth is better at playing "chase the string" with her than I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1