Last Day of the Year
This has been an interesting year for us. Good, stressful, full of changes. We're looking forward to what 2008 has in store. But does anybody else have trouble letting go of Christmas when it's over? I'm just not in a hurry to take down the tree, even though it's taking itself down by handfuls of dead needles. I'm also not ready to stop receiving Christmas cards. It's the most wonderful time of the year in terms of visiting the mailbox.
We had a great (if unusual) Christmas with my parents. They drove up to spend a few days with us, so we all had our first Christmas in Illinois. We missed having my brother Aaron here (he toughed out the holiday in Seattle and celebrated with some friends). We worked on a few projects (new storage shelves!), spent time with with family (my cousin Erica makes a mean chocolate bread pudding!), visited a new church (they gave me a free cookbook just for being a visitor. I collect cookbooks, so they knew how to sway me! Alas, it's probably not the church for us), played some games, enjoyed a turkey-n-fixins feast, and even had a just-barely-white Christmas. I love being so much closer to my parents!!!
I hope those of you reading this have a good close to '07 and a great start to '08. I have always loved the possibility that new years hold. Here's to all the adventures ahead, with God's help and the love of our families and friends!
I hate it when Christmas is over!! I have to put decorations away in stages or I would get too blue. I'll probably take down the tree today, but I'll leave up the white lights on the mantle and staircase for a couple more weeks.
ReplyDelete