It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
I enthusiastically exclaimed, "This is fun!" on the first day of unpacking things in the apartment. "Organizing is fun!" I said naively. About two days later, I was wallowing in the chaos of odds and ends, half empty boxes, bubble wrap, general debris, and miscellaneous stuff. We finally stuffed a bunch of things back into boxes and temporarily shoved them into the guest room. So, yeah, we're not done unpacking.
We are, however, really enjoying this cozy apartment. We don't hear noise from any neighbors, we get a lot of sunlight in every room (well, not the bathrooms & laundry room), and we hardly realize that it's about 20 degrees and snowy outside everyday.
Last week we went with our friends Sean, Laura, & baby Linda to buy Christmas trees. It's amazing how one's interest in choosing the perfect tree dwindles the longer one stands in the cold, biting wind. Nonetheless, our tree is very pretty if I do say so myself. It smells wonderful and has not (as of yet) tempted Kitter to jump into it.
(Notice the extreme concentration; these people are focused on the task at hand!)
Seth is still looking for a job, a process that is discouraging to begin with, especially around the holidays. But we still believe that God will provide something at the right time. He brought us this far! We appreciate your prayers..jpg)
aw! i miss you four fine folks, oops, i mean 5. i don't think anyone on earth actually unpacks everything when they move somewhere new. that's what guest rooms and closets are for!
ReplyDeleteSWEET! unpacking is fun 'cause you get to put everything in a special place and purged unnecessary items (if you didn't do that before the move!)
ReplyDelete=)
Merry Christmas, Broweleits!
ReplyDeleteLove, Heather Allen and Baby
I'm praying for Seth to get a job soon. I love reading your updates! :-) We felt your pain at not being in Seattle this year for Christmas! :-(
ReplyDelete