Takin' it easy in Tennessee

So, when you move to a new place and scramble around for two weeks in an attempt to get your bearings, what is the next logical step? Spend a week out of town, of course. We packed up our cat in the new car and drove down here to my parents' house outside of Nashville. It has been sunny, warm, and extremely relaxing here. We both feel like this is a much-needed break from the stress of the last few weeks. We have had fun in the last weeks, however. Stephanie and I decided that we aren't too old to throw on a costume while handing out Halloween candy (I'm sure you can tell, but she's a leopard and I'm Alice in Wonderland). I also insisted on carrying on our annual pumpkin-carving-in-October tradition, so rather late on the last night of Oct., we did just that. Seth won the Best Classic Jack-o-Lantern award, Stephanie won the Best Non-Carved award, Sarah won the Best Usage of Carving and Markers award, and Kitter won the Most Interested in Eating Pumpkin Innards award. (No, the color isn't off; we used white "ghost" pumpkins this year so that's why they aren't orange.) We're using a lot of our time here in TN on the internet, researching jobs and places to rent. We think our next step is to get into an apartment. We have been so blessed that Stephanie has welcomed us to her home with open arms (and closet doors and dresser drawers). She would probably keep us as long as we'd ask to stay. But we are itching to find a place where we can truly unpack (including all our stuff out of pods) and start to establish some normalcy. We still don't know where Seth will be working (he's had a few leads on jobs, but still nothing for sure ... prayers still appreciated!), but I'd like to start taking in freelance projects once we get a bit settled. This has definitely been a stressful process, but we continue to believe that God is the one leading us and that he is the one who provides for us, one step at a time. He has been faithful so far, so we are trying to also be faithful in trusting him.

Comments

  1. Hello! I just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you both, and we'll pray for a wonderful job, a comfortable home, and peace during all of the mayhem. Take it from me--there is no shame in unopened boxes :-)

    Love,

    Alicia (and Evan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your life and seeing your pictures!! I'm praying for you all. If you ever want to pop in on my life (exciting as it may be) you can go to www.mindysnewsong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course you and stephie wore costumes. i love it! but, where are the dragon pants?

    we pray for you guys all the time! we're happy for a nice break after all the craziness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Day

NYC 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 2

New York City 10th Anniversary Trip: PART 1